Sunday 21 November 2010

Yorkshire pike angler's gear stolen from van

A pike angler is appealing for information after his kit was stolen.

Landscape gardener David Balaban's van was parked on York Road, Leeds, on Monday, when a thief smashed a window to steal his satnav.

Also stolen were:

A Korum five-rod quiver;

Three Dave Lane Generator 3lbs test curve rods;

Three Shimano XTE10000 reels.

Two Prologic rods with Okuma reels;

Twelve Korum bank sticks;

Drennan carbon net handle;

Korum Tuff Stick with 42" John Wilson net.

Rods were made up with Korum rod bands, butt and tip protectors.

"My van is fully comp but the contents are not covered," said Dave. "I'm sure the rods will be damaged due to how they have been dragged out of the van but any info would be great."

A male aged 18 - 25, wearing an Adidas hoody was seen near the van, possibly riding a silver and red mountain bike.

+++Any info to david(at)leedslandscapes.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave, I've just been a victim myself, losing over £3000 of gear from a securely locked building. The police said I couldn't have done any more to protect my gear. Unfortunately this happens every Christmas to anglers with the usual low life preying on us good guys. Luckily I am insured so most gear can be replaced but it won't be the same. Good luck in recovering your stuff

    ReplyDelete