Sunday 30 January 2011

Micky Jones confirmed for PAC Convention

Micky Jones from Inverness is the first speaker to be confirmed for this year's Pike Anglers Club Convention.

"It was a bit of a shock to be asked to be honest," he said today. "But when I thought about it I also thought it was big honour and one that I hope I can do justice."

Micky's best-known for his catches up in Scotland, which will feature in his presentation.

"My talk will cover piking in the Highlands, a bit from my travels and some of the great friendships I have made through piking and being involved with the PAC," he said.

Those sitting in the front few rows need to be warned he may well take to the stage wearing a kilt. Other speakers will be announced soon.

Saturday, October 1 is the big day, Kettering Conference Centre is the venue. Click here for directions and a bit more info.

+++Micky's also going to be speaking at the Northumbrian Piper in Fawdon, Newcastle NE3 2AH, on Friday, February 25 (8pm). Admission £2.

No comments:

Post a Comment