Monday 8 November 2010

Wye 30lbs pike left James shaking

Every now and then, a great pike fishing story comes along.

Here's a cracker from the British Pike Squad blog, which tells of a 31lbs wild water fish from the River Wye, caught by James Gilchrist.

A dark shape appeared, as he wobbled a pair of tandem-rigged sprats, in a swim where a big pike had shown.

"I could clearly see that this was the fish that I had come for, and with a pounding heart I prayed for the pike to pounce," he said.

"As the baits came within 10 yards of the bank I decided to go for broke and let them sink to the river bed, and with that the pike tilted its head downwards and sucked both baits up.

"Due to the clarity of the water, I could clearly see that the pike had taken the baited hooks inside it's large mouth, striking swiftly and surely I set the hooks home - and then all hell broke loose.
"

Click here to read the full story of this magnificent capture.

Click here for a fly-on-the-wall account of a day on the wobble in the Fens, as reported in Pikelines a few years back.

No comments:

Post a Comment